Nothing works as well as flattery.
I fall for it, flatly, each time.
Some weeks ago I had this lovely comment on my latest (then) blog.
Aparna K.S. said...
"I enjoy your pics and words alike. Thought I will express it this way..."
Pleased with this remark, I took a peek at the link and was delighted to see that Aparna had seen fit to pass
on to me an award, which had been passed on to her from a blogger, in turn to be shared with ten other bloggers.
The award is the Liebster award, and I quote from her post.
“The Liebster Blog Award: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, and
lovely. Started in
(probably) & is used to highlight new/recent/lesser known blogs or let say
with less than 200 followers.(Though the original rules have changed a bit, the purpose is same - highlight
fellow bloggers' works and appreciate each other's works)
Here's a brief on how this award works:
* Link back to the persons blog that have nominated you
* Nominate 10 bloggers whom you feel are deserving of more subscribers & pass the award on to them.
* Answer all questions posted by the nominator
* Create 10 questions for the nominees
* Contact the nominees and let them know that they have been nominated for the Liebster”
First things first. My nominator
Thank you, Aparna.
And now my turn to nominate - I am nominating the following bloggers to pass the award on to. No, there are no ribbons or medals
or pretty tokens, sorry, just the award.
Next come the questions I have to answer. My answers in italics.
1. If God gave you another chance to live your life all over again, which one thing would you like to
Occasions when I have been unintentionally rude to people.
2 One act of kindness that you encountered.
When a co-blogger chose me for an award and kick started me into blogging again.
3One moment that you felt indebted to your creator…
Always, for what He has given me.
4 Is variety confusing?
Only enough to make it interesting.
5. One ingredient that makes a good listener…
Silence (non-interruption) when the other person is talking
6 Which one of these two you do faster: thanking people or apologising?
7,. Ageing gracefully’ – What does this mean to you?
Accepting not just myself as I am, but others as they are, without trying to change them
8. If you are allowed to make one change to the ways of the world, what would you like to change?
Eradication of illness of any kind.
. 9. What constitutes a balanced life?
. Happiness through good health and sufficient wealth.
10. Has the internet globalised the world or polarised it?
Definitely made it a smaller place.
My ten questions have been reduced to five for lack of imagination on my part. Pardon me if you find the
1. What would you do to improve the condition of women in India?
2. An opportunity you regret missing?
3. If you were asked to choose one book as your companion for life?
4. If you were asked to control prices of foodstuff where would you begin?
5. If you were asked to set 10 questions, what would you feel like doing first? (I screamed in anguish)
Now this is the reason I wanted to write for my blog again. A recognition , a small pat on the back, and I have
already posted one.
Let me see if I am able to maintain the pace.