If you want something very badly, you don't mind waiting for it - no matter how long. Witness the wannabe iPhone owners.
Recently, my husband came across a list of 'Waiters' for various products - from a copy of Business Week - who were willing to wait longer for what they want.
1. Hermes Birkin Bag in pure leather - Waiting time is six to twelve months.
2. Dinner reservation at French Laundry Restaurant, Yountville, California - Waiting time is 60 days.
3. Season tickets for 'Green Bay Packers' - American football - Waiting time - wait for this - 35 years.
4. Wagner festival in Germany Waiting time is a mere 7 years.
5. The Ferrari sports car, model F43, waiting time is 2 years.
But what outshines all this is the waiting list at the Guruvayoor Temple for 'Udayasthamana pooja'. When I checked the Guruvayur Devaswom website in January this year for something else, I found that the waiting list for this pooja - a dawn to dusk pooja with special worship modes - was up to 2045 or so. The booking cost was in the region of Rs. 50,000, more money to be charged if necessary, at the time of the pooja.
I wanted to confirm this, what with my faulty memory , and revisited the site.
It says the booking for the pooja is closed now!!!!